Assisting the health of your community
Fusion Clinical Research provides GPs and health professionals with the support to provide new and hard-to-access treatment options to their patients.
When GPs and specialists collaborate with Fusion Clinical Research to conduct clinical trials, the costs associated with trial administration are subsidised. This means that staff training, site accreditation and study setup costs are covered, allowing medical practitioners to focus on what they do best; looking after the health of their clients and community.
What we provide to our GP and health professional partners:
- Accreditation of GP clinics
- GP training (RACGP accredited course) to enable participation in the trial as a sub-investigator
- Complete trial oversight from beginning to end
- Negotiating budgets and contracts with sponsors and clinics
- Selecting appropriate clinical trials for a clinic - dependent on GP
- Provision of Principal Investigator to further educate and mentor GPs in clinical trials protocols
- Provision of qualified and trained staff such as Clinical Research Coordinator to conduct the study
- Management of investigational product
- Administrative assistance
- Support to ensure conduct complies with protocol, ICH GCP and other guidelines.
- Support during Sponsor/CRO monitoring visits
- Quality Assurance support during sponsor site audits.
This support provides GPs and health professionals with an opportunity to develop clinical trial skills and enhance their medical practice, as well as generating additional non-Medicare revenue streams for the practice.
Benefits to patients
By undertaking a clinical trial in a GP setting your patient can participate in clinical trials in a known and trusted environment and experience increased access to new medical therapies.
Working with a local GP or family health practitioner, clinical trial interactions are more personalised, as in many instances the doctor overseeing the trial has a long and working knowledge of the patient’s health and family history.
There is an additional level of convenience provided by study visits at a local general practice, which provides the potential for an increased level of participation from the population required for the health study and its associated benefits.
Please note that the length of a clinical trial will vary from days to months depending on the data requirements of the study.
Are you interested in conducting a clinical trial with Fusion Clinical Research?
Partner with us
Fusion Clinical Research works with a range of health professionals to provide access to important trial research. This network includes:
- General Practitioners
- Respiratory specialists
- Ear Nose Throat specialists
- Diabetic educators
- Pain specialists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
If you are interested in discussing how we might work together, please get in touch! We look forward to discussing the many ways we can work together to support the health outcomes of your patients and community.